What To Do
SUGGESTED ONE DAY ROUND TRIPS
Make The Napier Country Lodge your ideal base for our recommended selection of short day trips to the "MUST SEES" in the area. These are en-route to the Garden Route & Beyond - should you consider venturing that far.
Select one, two or all - knowing that after an enjoyable outing you can come "HOME" to the relaxing facilities available to you as our guest.
Day Trip 1
- 09H30 - Depart Hotel – 15km to Bredasdorp (arrive at 10h00)
Maritime Museum - Total 2 hours
- 12h00 - Depart Bredasdorp 20km to Arnistan (arrive at 12h30)
Beach Woenhuiskrans Ocean Cave (tide permitting)
Hotel- lunch/snack/visit – Total 2.5 hours
- 15h00 - Depart Arniston 25km Farm Road to Struisbaai (arrive at 15h30)
Visit HarborDrive through town – Total 15 minutes
- 15h45 - Depart Struisbaai 5km to Cape Agulhas (arrive at 16h00)
First go to L’Agulhas Lighthouse Climb to top
Southern most tip – take photos – Total 1.25hours
- 17h00 - Depart Cape Agulhas 57km back to Napier (arrive 18h00)
- ROUND TRIP TOTAL 117km
Total Travelling Time:
Total Visit Time:
Total Day Trip Time:
Day Trip 2
- 09h00 - Depart Hotel – 55km to Kleinbaai Harbour (arrive at 10h00) Observe excitement of departure and arrival of dive boats and the divers of the day (Allow 1.5 hours)
- 11h30 - Depart Kleinbaai harbour. 7km to Danger Point (Brokenhead) Lighthouse (arrive 11h45).
Visit Lighthouse, Museum and Poaching area of shipwreck survivors – Allow 1 hour
- 12h45 - Depart Danger Point Lighthouse – 7km to Lighthouse Tavern (arrive 13h00)
Light refreshment or lunch in quaint run Tavern – Allow Total 45 minutes
- 13h45 - Depart Lighthouse Tavern 7km to Gansbaai Harbour (arrive at 14h15)
Drive through – Fishing boats and fish directly from ocean – Allow Total 30 mins.
- 14h45 - Depart Gansbaai Harbour – take +- 7km “Going nowhere slowly” Coastal drive along De Kelders coast line.
During season this is land based, close up whale watching at it’s best – Allow 45 mins
- 15h30 - Depart De Kelders 20km to Stanford (arrive 16h00).
Another very lovely country village. MUST VISIT JUNK SHOP – (Allow 1.5 hours)
- 17h30 - Depart Stanford – 45km back to Napier – Allow 1 hour
- 18h30 - Arrive back at Hotel
TOTAL 148km / TOTAL DRIVE TIME 4 hour 15mins (Driving Slowly)
Day Trip 3
- 10h00 - Depart Lodge – 55km to Celedon Casino & Hot Springs – Arrive 11h00
Enjoy Hot Water Pools – Sauna – Spa & Casino. Allow very leisurely 4 hours
- 15h00 - Leave Caledon – 55km. Same route back to Napier Hotel (arrive 16h30) TOTAL 120km / TOTAL DRIVE TIME 2 hour 30mins (Driving Slowly)
SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL
BY ARRANGEMENT ONLY!!!
VISIT TO S.A. AIR FORCE MISSILE TESTING BASE.
Bookings Absolutely Essential - Call 083 658 8128
WHAT TO DO IN THE VILLAGE
- Stay at the Hotel - Relax Relax Relax!!! - Beer/Tea Garden & Splash Pool.
- Take a stroll through the Village:
- Visit Art Galleries and Antique Shops
- Memorabilia Shop
If you have managed to escape the Big City, Traffic Jams, Road Rage, Parking Meters, etc - Maybe just Relaxing & Good Wholesome Country Cooking with a bottle or two of our Red/White House Wine (or other) could be the very best way to spend a day or two.